Monday, March 26, 2012

Live and Learn: What to do when you're disappointed

On a personal note, sometimes in life people disappoint you. Recently I was very disappointed in the actions of someone else. In this disappointment I came to realize that as much as it was a shock, I was not as broken up as I thought I would be. There are times in life when the actions of others just make you laugh and think that they're an idiot. Suit yourself right?


When all was said and done it took me about an hour to get over the initial shock and to shake my head and laugh and how ridiculous the actions of the person were.

I am an incredibly decisive person. I can make all kinds of decisions, even long-term decisions very quickly and have unequivocal faith in these decisions. I do have a very low tolerance level for indecisiveness. Nothing drives me crazier than a person who does not have the backbone to make a decision and stick with it. Even worse is someone who tells you that they have made a decision and then re-negs on it. I think this type of person is incredibly insecure. If you have a strong sense of self you're able to make decisions and stick with them. If you are unable to do this, better luck to you, you probably aren't going to have a happy life, because you can't even decide what makes you happy.

 I realize with unwavering faith that I always expect the best from people and sometimes this ends in disappointment. Knowing this, the disappointment is far more brief than it ever was, because it isn't my mistake and I know that it's not my ineptitude that has caused it. The best way to deal with a person that cannot make a decision is to make the decision to never have anything to do with them ever again.


We live and learn every day, and what I've taken from the last few days is to always smile, no matter what happens. And if someone doesn't deserve to be a thought, remove them from your life, you will be far better off.

Frowning is an awful and ugly passtime, and this blonde things that you should never frown, and at the very least, avoid it at all costs!


In the end, I think the secret is that no matter what a person does to you and how they behave, be happy with yourself and have faith that everything will work out well for you.

Smile, be happy, go do the things you enjoy, and have a laugh at how ridiculous some people behave.
 You deserve so much better than anyone that makes you frown. In the end, when you have no guarantee that tomorrow will come, make today a happy day! Be with the person who makes you smile when you wake up in the morning and when you go to sleep - live every day as happily as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment